Saturday, January 31, 2009

Meistro, Please.

So, today was Jake's very first public piano performance. He'd been practicing his song for about two weeks, and had it down pat. He was scheduled to play a duet with an older boy - Meet the Flinstones. Well, when it was time to get dressed, Jake decided he didn't want to go. "NOOOOOO!!!!" I thought. It took some reassuring and a little bit of bribery, but I eventually convinced him to follow through with his commitment. So he got dressed in his new white, button-up shirt, black jeans, and western belt and we left for the performance. Oh, of course I took a photo of him first. He looked too dang cute not to. : )
So we get to the venue and are shocked to find two shiny, black GRAND PIANOS, connected like the yin/yang symbol for the kids to play! Wow- it very impressive!! Jake was very stoic the whole time, maybe just trying to keep his nerves in check. Who knows. He was second to play in a line-up of about 24 performances. He and his partner walked up, sat down, and played flawlessly. I was so proud of him! He looked so cute, and little up there playing on that grand piano. haha I took video while Ally shot photos. Jake didn't wait around to take a bow- it was right back to his seat in the same stoic manner in which he entered the room. My little meistro. : )

5 comments:

  1. Bravo au nouveau Maestro, peut-être un nouveau Mozart en perspective et des tournées dans la France, Paris, Bordeaux et peut-être Saint Médard en Jalles.
    J'espère que toute votre petite famille est en pleine forme. Nous vous embrassons très fort.
    Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jake, we are so very proud of you. I look forward to our next visit so that I can hear you play. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete