Well, here we are...the night before the big race. Emotions are high, nerves are on edge. You can feel the excitement in the air. You might be wondering, "when did Kym start following NASCAR?" NOT! Of course, I'm talking about tomorrow's big Cub Scout Pinewood Derby races! Jake and Ally worked diligently for two weeks on their cars. (Thanks to Daddy for carving out the bodies the night before he left.) Now, even though the Scouts have very detailed specs about size and weight of the cars, I quickly realized that what mattered most in THIS house was. . . the PAINT! Oh, how we had fun spray painting our cars. First, several coats of primer, then several coats of base color. I'm sure the dogs just really appreciated going to bed with paint fumes each night in the garage. But, when its 16 degrees outside, you're not going to spray outside. Sorry puppies. But the fun didn't stop there. Oh no, after taking the cars to the official "weigh in" and attaching the correct amount of weights to each car, we got to bring them back hom
e, break out the teeny tiny brushes and get down to the detail work. Jake decided to go with small, simple designs- letting the base color speak for itself, you know? Ally, on the other hand, opted for a bright, bold statement. The kids decided not to name them, but I call them "Flower Power" and "The Gold Bomb". haha Both cars turned out great. I wonder if tomorrow they'll let me stand at the end of the track and wave my pink chiffon scarf to start the race. . . you know, like they did in Grease? haha Maybe I'll just sit on the sidelines and videotape. On your marks. . . Get set. . .
Friday, January 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment